Jharkhand News : Panic gripped the area after unidentified gunmen opened fire at the residence of a coal and sand businessman late Monday night in Kuju OP area. The attack is being linked to an extortion demand allegedly made by the Rahul Dubey gang, police said.
The firing incident took place near New Mod in the Kuju OP area, targeting the house of businessman Dabbu Singh alias Sagar Singh. According to preliminary information, the attack was carried out after the businessman allegedly failed to respond to repeated extortion calls.
🔫 Attack by Bike-Borne Criminals
Police said two criminals arrived on a motorcycle and entered the premises before opening indiscriminate fire. Around 10 rounds were fired, leaving bullet marks on the house’s windows, main gate, and a parked vehicle.
A police team led by Inspector Rajesh Kumar and OP In-Charge Ashutosh Kumar Singh reached the spot and launched an investigation. Several empty cartridges and an extortion note were recovered from the scene. Fortunately, no casualties or injuries were reported in the incident.
📞 Threat Calls After Sand Mining Tender
Speaking to police, Dabbu Singh stated that he recently secured a sand mining tender in Ramgarh district, after which he began receiving repeated threat calls in the name of the Rahul Dubey gang. He claimed that extortion demands were being made, and he had already informed the police about the threats.
Due to frequent travel, he reportedly stopped responding to unknown calls. On Monday night, while he was at home with relatives, the assailants struck and opened fire.
🚨 Police Investigation Underway
Police have launched a manhunt to identify and arrest the attackers. The incident is being directly linked to an extortion racket, and security has been heightened in the area. Officials said strict action will be taken against those involved.








