Jharkhand News : The temporary diversion constructed during the Jhiliya Bridge project on the Maithon Road was washed away once again following heavy rainfall on Tuesday night. The diversion has now collapsed for the third time, disrupting connectivity for thousands of residents in the surrounding areas.
Villagers have accused the construction agency and the Public Works Department (PWD) of negligence and have demanded action against those responsible, along with the immediate construction of a safe alternative route.
Heavy Rain Damaged the Temporary Diversion
According to officials, the temporary diversion had been built to maintain traffic movement while the Jhiliya Bridge was under construction. However, it failed to withstand the heavy rainfall and strong water flow, resulting in its complete collapse and cutting off access to several nearby villages.
Daily Commuters Facing Major Difficulties
The damaged diversion has severely affected factory workers, schoolchildren, patients, and other daily commuters who use the route.
The movement of auto-rickshaws, e-rickshaws (totos), and other small vehicles has come to a complete halt. Residents are now being forced to travel through much longer alternative routes to reach their destinations.
Questions Raised Over Construction Quality
Local residents alleged that the diversion was poorly constructed from the beginning and did not meet the required engineering standards. They said that villagers and public representatives had repeatedly informed the contractor and PWD officials about concerns regarding its quality, but no corrective action was taken.
As a result, the diversion has been washed away for the third consecutive time during the monsoon.
Villagers Demand Action
Village head Tanveer Alam said that ordinary people are bearing the consequences of negligence in the construction work.
Another resident, Nagendra Kumar, questioned the quality and safety standards of the bridge project and demanded strict action against the contractor and the officials responsible.
Villagers warned that if a strong and safe alternative route is not provided immediately, they will be forced to launch a protest.








